Thursday, May 16, 2024

Thursday ride

Fun Thursday afternoon bike ride around Chatfield Lake.


The South Platte River has been quite full lately, as they carefully meter the outflow from the lake.


The prairie dogs were ready and waiting to greet me, on my usual hydration stop.


I scooted around my favorite course, with just a little threatening weather to remind me to keep moving.


I spotted a Great Blue Heron, and managed to catch a pic of it, lined up with the pod of Pelicans in the lake.


There a freight train on the tracks I had to cross, but this one was paused just a short distance away from where I portage over the tracks, so of course I *had* to snap a pic of the engine facing me.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Near the end of my ride, I ran up against yet another Highline Canal Trail closure… hooray for our trail maintainers! I didn't see any signs suggesting a detour path, so I just headed down the Lee Gulch Trail, which took me straight to my neighborhood, so…not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment