Saturday, October 1, 2022

Saturday ride

We woke up to a chilly 51° Saturday morning, with rain forecast for the afternoon. I waited until midday to try a bike ride in a little warmer air, and was rewarded with a few more Fall colors in the bright sunshine.

 

I caught a quirky photo angle on this Blue Jay, who was enjoying the seeds that Jennefer put out.


 

House Finch lounging in the tire swing feeder.

 

 

First Fall color I saw, after joining up with the Lee Gulch trail.


 

Some red and green by the Lee Gulch trail, just before the tunnel under Santa Fe Drive.


 

I love the yellows against the blue sky, and this little splotch of color was even prettier, with the rocks and small rapids in the Lee Gulch creek.


 

Big yellow tree where the Lee Gulch meets the Mary Carter Greenway trail along the South Platte River. 


 

The sumac usually goes through a red and green phase for a short while.

 

 

 

I stopped for a few minutes behind some other bikers, to enjoy watching this fellow flying a very maneuverable kite from the trail on top of the Chatfield dam.

 

 

  

Bright yellow and blue, just after crossing under the highway, on the C-470 trail.

 

 

 

The reds in this sumac were eye-catching bright to me, but the picture didn't do them justice. 

 

 

I loved this tall lacy yellow tree, growing out of the bottom of the Highline Canal. 

 

 
The reds in this sumac also jumped out at me, and turned out better in this photo. 
 
 

 

 

I particularly loved this view of the yellow cottonwoods and expansive sky, along the C-470 trail. 

 


 

This big splotch of orange and red always catches me by surprise, as I round this corner on the C-470 trail. I was ready for it today, though.  

 

 

Small but intense display of red in the Highline Canal. 

  

 

 

One of my favorite trees along the trail turns red with green for awhile, and has a pleasing shape.

 

 


 

Our Saturday ended with a striking sunset view from the deck.




















No comments:

Post a Comment