Saturday, January 9, 2016

Trip for Uncle Bill's Funeral

I just got back from traveling to the east coast with my niece Dorothy, and meeting up with my cousin Rebecca and some of her extended family, to bury her dad - my uncle Bill - at Arlington National Cemetery. She arranged a funeral for him, with full military honors, and it was a very moving service. I miss my uncle Bill more than I knew.

A very big upside to this trip, was the opportunity to get together with Rebecca and her family and friends, uncle Bill's companion Anita and her family, and my sister Mikele and her family. Over the next two days, we completed a few whirlwind tours of the D.C. Metro system, the National Zoo, the Washington Monument, the Smithsonian American History and Air & Space Museums.


No comments:

Post a Comment