Friday, October 18, 2013

Procedure complete

The arteriogram (angiogram) procedure on K's left leg is all done. Dr Morin's goal was to find something he could fix, to improve the circulation, and help her ankle wound to heal. He had me wait in the employee's lounge by the Catheterization Lab during the procedure. He called me in after 20 minutes, to show me the pics on the computer. He said he didn't find much, and showed me that most of the arteries looked healthy and clear. He pointed out one very short narrowed section of artery, really just a "kink", and suggested putting in a stent there. It seemed like the thing to do, so I agreed, and he went back in, and installed a short stent. He showed me the "after" pics as well, and the artery looked much better with the stent in it. Hard to tell how big the stent is, from the picture on the screen, but it looked about an inch or two long He wanted to send her home today, but by the time they got her into dialysis, to clear out the dye from the arteriogram, it was 4pm, and she came out after 8pm, so he decided to keep her overnight, with the plan to discharge her tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment