Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

We had a pretty full day! I was up early. The temperature was at 30, then 32, then hovering at 29, as the weather tried to decide whether or not to honor the forecast for snow. I took Mandy for a chilly but relatively short walk, maybe a mile. John and Michelle arrived at 10. While John relaxed around the house, Michelle and I went for a short workout and a dip in the pool at the Buck Center. The jacuzzi felt really good on my tweaky back. We made a quick stop at Starbucks on the way back to the house. Next, we were off to the Brown Palace, for the Thanksgiving buffet at Ellyngton's, with lots of choices of very delightful food. It was over almost before we knew it. Mandy spent the afternoon snuggled up all nice and warm in her bed on the back seat of the car. When we got home, I treated her to half a can of "Thanksgiving Dinner" dog food - the ingredients sounded healthy - with turkey and a bunch of vegetables. She (amazingly) scarfed it down in seconds, which is pretty rare for her. The funny thing is, she's the only one that will have Thanksgiving leftovers tomorrow morning! We settled into Big Red and watched a fairly dark Philip Seymour Hoffman movie called "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead." We never did get any snow. During the one last walk around the neighborhood with Mandy this evening, I thought I felt a few bits of cold precipitation hit my face, but I never saw anything. Happy Thanksgiving to all, and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment