Friday, November 28, 2008

Lights Up

Man, am I sore. I did a few sets of pull-down exercises at Buck Center on Thursday, and I guess I haven't used those muscles in too long. I can barely lift my arms above my head today.

John and Michelle headed off in their rental car for the airport at noon. They missed out on the forecast snow, which just never showed up, and got to enjoy some beautiful sunny days instead. Michelle said the security line was quick and easy, a welcome change from their past experiences at DIA.

The afternoon turned out really nice, and while walking Mandy, I noticed several neighbors putting up their Christmas lights. That was just the little incentive I needed, to steel myself for the task. I wasn't looking forward to hunting for our lights in the crawl space, after all the frantic shuffling of boxes that occurred, as the remodel was finishing up this year. Miracle of miracles, we had already pulled out the box of lights, and it was waiting for me on the shelf in the furnace room. I was very happy to find everything I needed in the one box, to put up all the outside lights. This year we're trying those new LED lights that aside from being pretty, should also save a little energy every season.

Oops, I guess I spoke too soon about the snow never showing up. We looked outside before going to bed, and the lights on the deck railing looked a little funny. That's because they were under a layer of soft fluffy snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment